[OpenLayers-Users] drawing WFS features on google satellite map: which EPSG?

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 04:22:54 EDT 2008

Hi!
As sad in previous mails, i am drawing PostGIS features trought
Geoserver WFS-T and OpenLayers using GOOGLE_HYBRID_MAP as background.
I am not using spherical mercator ad my PostGIS features are in EPSG:4326.
In order to query my features with GetFeatureInfo request I must display
them as WMS layers, too.
The problem is that when I refresh my map after drawing I have a shift
between WMS and WFS Layers (that are the same feature). I think it is
due to NOT spherical mercator projection. Is it right?
So, I have thought to change my map proj using EPSG:900913. Two questions:

    * If i draw features in 4326 on GOOGLE layer without changing my
      EPSG in spherical mercator, when I serve them trought WMS
      GeoServer are they shifted respect actual position? Can I consider
      my features position reliable?
    * If I must use spherical mercator to draw, have I define
      EPSG:900913 in spatial_reference table of PostGIS in order to
      create FeatureTypes correctly in GeoServer?

Thanks a lot!

--
Ing. Fabio D'Ovidio

INOVA Open Solutions s.r.l.