[OpenLayers-Users] Show polygon vectors as points

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Jul 2 01:27:20 EDT 2008

Hey-

Zer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there anyone that knows if it is possible to "convert" or just show
> vector polygons (from GML) as points instead of vectors? I would like to
> present the center coordinate aswell as the polygon.

We've done some work to allow rendering non-point geometries with a
single marker.  To do this, you specify an externalGraphic property on
the symbolizer used to render your feature.  This does not allow
rendering *both* the polygon and the graphic.

If this behavior is not in the trunk and there is not a ticket
requesting that this feature be added, please add a ticket.

Tim