[OpenLayers-Users] Filters and WFS

Stuart Eve stuarteve at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 05:57:08 EDT 2008

I am trying to get my WFS server to return a filtered set of results (to
avoid browser overload). I had previously been sending a FILTER param in the
url - but now this is breaking because of the fact BBOX and FILTER are
mutually exclusive (tickets #1430 and #1113). I attempted the patch in #1430
but it did not seem to work for me.

I have been attempting to instead use the Openlayers.Filters - but it is
just returning the whole of the WFS dataset (unfiltered). I was under the
impression that you could use an Openlayers Filter to filter the data (as
well as apply a style). Having checked the documentation it looks like only
a GeoJSON layer has the option of adding a filter - is this true and if so
is there any plans to include this v. useful functionality in the WFS layer?
Alternatively are there any plans to fix the FILTER/BBOX error?

Many thanks

Stuart

Code Snippets:

function getDefaultStyle(sld, layerName) {
>             var styles = sld.namedLayers[layerName].userStyles;
>             var style;
>             for (var i=0; i<styles.length; ++i){
>                     style = styles[i];
>                    if(style.isDefault) {
>                       break;
>                     }
>             }
>
> 	    var rule = new OpenLayers.Rule({
> 			filter: new OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison(
> 				{
> 				 type: OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison.EQUAL_TO,
> 			    	 property: "ark_id",
> 			    	 value: "CH05SR_536",}
> 			        )
> 			});
> 	   style.addRules(rule);
>            return style;
>         }

style_cxt_schm = getDefaultStyle(sld,"cxt_schm");