[OpenLayers-Users] Using openlayers in portlet

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jul 11 07:40:32 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 04:25:27PM -0400, Frédéric Therrien wrote:

> Hey everyone, I'm pretty new with openlayers and I have a question.
>
> For my job, I need to user openlayers to display a map in a bea portal application (in other words, in a portlet). My jsp page is attached. If I run this page in my index.jsp, it's working fine, I see my world map and I'm pretty happy, but when I put it in my portlet's jsp, I can't see nothing.
>
> In fact, I use firefox so with firebug, I've watched what kind of requests are done and I see all the call to the mapserver and they return the good stuff so I don't understand why my map isn't rendred in my portlet. Do you know any issues with openlayers and portlets ?

Compare the HTML of the generated pages. I bet in the latter case, you
have some kind of doctype that's different -- possibly a strict HTML
doctype. If so, you might not have a CSS rule like "html, body { height:
100% }" -- and in XHTML, that might mean that your map ends up with no
height. (You can check this with map.getSize() -- in fact, checking that
first might be your best bet.)

-- Chris

> I use:
> Java 5.0