[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeature info from a MapServer WMS

percy percyd at pdx.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:49:30 EDT 2008

here's an example from your openlayers download, modify your version to
point to your server, etc
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo.html

there's a nice "cookbook" for serving WMS data on the OneGeology website:
http://www.onegeology.org/misc/downloads.html

and here's a relevant section from one of my mapfiles below. It should
work just fine with a postgis connection instead of shapefile, as I am using
HTH,
Percy

------------mapfile stuff-------------
LAYER
		NAME "Geologic_Map_Of_North_America"
		TYPE polygon
		STATUS On
     data GMNA_South_Union_wgs84
     TOLERANCE 0
     TOLERANCEUNITS pixels
     TRANSFORM TRUE
     DUMP TRUE

     HEADER "templates/GMNA_query_header.html"
     TEMPLATE "templates/GMNA_query_body.html"
     FOOTER "templates/GMNA_query_footer.html"

Metadata
"WMS_TITLE" "Geologic Map Of North America"
"WMS_SRS" "epsg:4326"
      GML_INCLUDE_ITEMS
"DisplayNam,OneGeology,Lithologic,GeologicAg,AgeMin,AgeMax,AgeMetadat"
      WMS_INCLUDE_ITEMS
"DisplayNam,OneGeology,Lithologic,GeologicAg,AgeMin,AgeMax,AgeMetadat"

END # metadata
END #layer
-------------------end of mapfile stuff-----------