[OpenLayers-Users] Layer.Text

Matt Williamson MatthewDW at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:40:56 EDT 2008

Hello list,

I've seen posts on this list that suggest no longer using Layer.Text,
but instead using Layer.GML with Format.Text and a selectFeature
control (I think I got all that right). Though I'm not seeing so far
exactly how all those are supposed to go together. Could somebody post
a basic example of this? I could probably hack something together, but
I'd like to see the preferred/elegant way to do it.

In fact, if this is now the preferred method, and using Layer.Text is
deprecated (or at least discouraged), could the markersTextLayer.html
example on openlayers.org be changed to reflect the new method (or an
additional example be made) to demonstrate the new approach?

Thanks!

-Matt