[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying lat long coordinates for projected map?

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:54:52 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Matthew Perry <perrygeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Christopher Schmidt
> <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 06:56:35AM -0700, Matthew Perry wrote:
>> The spherical-mercator example displays unprojected coordinates using
>> this method with no problems.
>>
>> If you do:
>>
>> OpenLayers.Projection.transform({'x':10, 'y':10}, new
>> OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:54009"), new
>> OpenLayaers.Projection("EPSG:4326"));
>>
>> Do you get NaN as well? My guess would be 'yes'.
>
> Your guess is correct ;-) This does not work with the Mollweide
> projection apparently. Would this be a bug in Proj4js then? Any
> suggestions on how to go about debugging/fixing this?

Never mind .. answered my own question... moll.js init function needs
to define the earth's radius:

    this.R = 6370997.0;

Now it works reasonably well. I didn't see any place to submit bugs
for the proj4js project so I'm hoping this simple fix will somehow
make it into the code.

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net