[OpenLayers-Users] wfs stylemap example?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 30 18:28:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 03:33:00PM -0400, Alexandre Dube wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
>     Thanks for very much for your tips.  That works just fine !
>
>     But for my little application it's not really useful.  Do you know a
> way to just change the color of a feature on "hover" without selecting
> it ?  That would be useful for me because I have lines as vector
> features and those are really hard to select by clicking on them.  You
> have to be really precise.

Alternatively, set your strokeWidth to a larger number (I always use 3).
You can't change the color when hovering, but you can change the cursor:
set OpenLaeyrs.Feature.Vector['default'].cursor = "select"; and it will
change the cursor when it is over a feature.

>     With a color change, that would be easier to know you can now click
> on it.  And I don't know if that's possible but it would be nice to have
> a bigger "pixel tolerance" when I click.  Any clues about that ?

No real way to do that with the current code. Specifically, the reason
is becasue the event is determined based on the browser saying "Here is
the element that was under the mouse when the event triggered." But
making the feature bigger will help.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta