[OpenLayers-Users] stitch together multiple maps?

Andrew de Klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:55:57 EDT 2008

Wendell

If I understand you correctly, you want to display your images as a mosaic
of tiles. This question was asked last week, and the answer was to setup a
raster WMS, that serves the images. Chris provided some links (see below)
for doing it with mapserver (which we have found to excellent at serving
images). The gdal tileindex utility can create a shapefile grid of all the
images, you then simply reference that shapefile in your mapserver map file,
and mapserver will find the appropriate image and display it

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data

You'll then set up a WMS Server:

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_server

Andrew