[OpenLayers-Users] Tiles outside maxExtent being loaded

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:10:46 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 01:48:36PM +0100, Jon Blower wrote:
>> I've noticed that in my application OpenLayers is requesting tiles
>> outside the maximum extent of my overlay layer (which is in EPSG:4326
>> and hence has a maxExtent of -180,-90,180,90).  I've checked using the
>> Firebug console that the maxExtent is correctly set.  wrapDateLine is
>> set true.
>
> wrapDateLine forces displayOutsideMaxExtent, which is why you are seeing
> the behavior you are seeing.

Chris, sorry for the stupid question but why does wrapDateLine force
displayOutsideMaxExtent? What would not function if one creates a
layer with wrapeDateLine:true and then does
layer.displayOutsideMaxExtent = false? One will end up with missing
tiles?

Thanks,

--
Eric