[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Ajax.Request 2.6 VS 2.5

Zer hcan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:38:23 EDT 2008

Hi All,

In OL 2.5 the I had the OpenLayers.Ajax.Request like this working:

function sendTestRequest(queryStr) {
    var uri = "http://10.0.1.2:8080/demo/service/
    var success = (onComplete) ?OpenLayers.Function.bind(onComplete, this)
            : OpenLayers.nullHandler;

    var failure = (onFailure) ? OpenLayers.Function.bind(onFailure, this)
            : OpenLayers.nullHandler;
    var request = new OpenLayers.Ajax.Request(uri,
    					{	method: 'get',
        					parameters: queryStr,
        					contentType: 'text/xml',
        					onComplete: success,
        					onFailure: failure
    					}
            		);
}

Where queryStr is an ordinary URL querystring
(request=GetFeature&version=1.0.0&typeName=topp:States&outputFormat=GML2&FILTER=...)

This does not work in OL 2.6. The servlet that receives the request gets
"null" as querystring. I tried the same code using OL 2.5 and it still works
then. Anyone has a bug fix or work around?

Thanks,

-Z