[OpenLayers-Users] Help with layers.

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:30:10 EDT 2008

Yes.  You need to:

* find a source of data (in the case of the metacarta served tiles, it
is vmap0 which is freely available),
* pick a way to render that data into maps (mapserver, mapnik,
mapguide, geoserver, ...)
* set up the renderer to apply your cartography
* set up a way to turn rendered maps into tiles (tilecache) for
performance or pick a package in the previous step that does WMS

Cheers

Paul