[OpenLayers-Users] Legend for KML Layers?

Richard Marsden richard at winwaed.com
Wed Jun 4 13:07:03 EDT 2008

Well, the maps at EcoMapCostaRica.com are now up and running!

Alas we couldn't get the differential correction data so we only had 6m
accuracy. Still, the maps are probably the most complete that have ever
been produced for the area.

Most of the map content comes from three KML layers. It would be good if
I could add a key (or legend).
Is there a way to add a key/legend using OpenLayers?   Or would it just
be quicker to create one in a graphics editor?

(the other layers are MapServer WMS and Javascript-drawn - these don't
need a key)

I looked in the docs and samples, so it looks like there isn't a way to
do it?

Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC
http://www.winwaed.com