[OpenLayers-Users] problem with popups once a marker is clicked

smengl smengl at mit.edu
Mon Jun 9 12:59:38 EDT 2008

Hi i have many markers on my map, and they all show up fine. However, once I
register the click event to every marker, I face another problem.  Please
see the code below. Once I click on the markers, the popup will show up but
the information inside the popup is wrong, it will show the same name all
the time.

Could someone please help me solve the problem?

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Seak Meng Lay

function makemarker(){
		var markersLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers("Oil Wells");

		var iconSize = new OpenLayers.Size(20,20);

		var iconOffset= new OpenLayers.Pixel(-(iconSize.w/2),-iconSize.h);

	for(var i=0; i<places.length;i++){

		var place = places[i];
		var marker= new OpenLayers.Marker(new OpenLayers.LonLat(place.y,place.x),
new
OpenLayers.Icon('http://www.projectliberty.org/var/liberty/storage/images/files/images/icons/oil_icon/24263-1-eng-US/oil_icon_small.jpg',iconSize,iconOffset));
		markerattribute = new Array();
                markerattribute[0] = place.name;
                markerattribute[1] = marker;

		markersLayer.addMarker(markerattribute[1]);
		marker.events.register("mousedown",markerattribute[1], mousedown);

}
	       map.addLayer(markersLayer);
 	        }
	function mousedown(evt){

		 testPopup= new OpenLayers.Popup("details", new
OenLayers.LonLat(this.lonlat.lon,this.lonlat.lat),new
OpenLayers.Size(200,200), markerattribute[0] , true);
		map.addPopup(testPopup,true);}