[OpenLayers-Users] Has anyone tried animation / or how to?

Barend Kobben kobben at itc.nl
Thu Jun 12 09:38:06 EDT 2008

HI,

We actually have  an MSc student just started on seeing how to do this using
WMS-T and SVG. SVG enables an integrated animation/interface, using SMIL
animation and javascript interactivity. We hope to present some results at
the upcoming SVGopen conference in Nurnberg (Germany, august 26-29)). See
the abstract "SVG and Geo Web Services for visualization of time series data
of flood risk" on the Proceedings page at http://svgopen.org/2008/

--
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-Information

On 12-06-08 14:47, "Jon Blower" <jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Levii,
>
> Our OpenLayers-based site (http://www.reading.ac.uk/godiva2) supports
> animation of WMS layers but does so because the WMS in question can
> generate animated GIFs if you give it a time range.  This is not ideal
> because if you want to synchronize some other UI feature with the
> animation (e.g. a time indicator or another animation) you can't
> because you have no control over animation rates etc.
>
> I think the only way to have this synchronization is to do animation
> in javascript but I haven't investigated this in detail.  I'd be
> interested in anything you come up with and perhaps we could work
> together if we end up wanting the same thing?
>
> Cheers, Jon

International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
Chamber of Commerce: 410 27 560

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.