[OpenLayers-Users] avoid hover selection with shiftKey

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:45:49 EDT 2008

Hello again,
I still haven't a good control over OL...
I need to use the SelectFeature control with the hover switch active,
but I want to deactivate it when shifKey is pressed (to allow
zooming).
I think I should extend the overFeature() method declared inside the
OL.Control.SelectFeature. I don't want to put the hands in the source,
so what's the best way to do it outside of it?
During the control instantiation/initialization? Should I use
Util.Extend (somehow)?
I need to understand better OO programming in OL... I want to use this
simple case to improve my knowledget. Would you help me?

Thanks,
Giovanni