[OpenLayers-Users] Geographic CMS like open source app

Alessandro Pasotti ale.pas at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 16 07:45:23 EDT 2008

Il lunedì 16 giugno 2008, Andrew Larcombe ha scritto:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008 02:50:56 +0100, Juan Jose Del Toro Madrueño
>
> <jdeltoro1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Dear list;
> >

> > We are on the early stages to develop a kind of geographic cms system
> > that
> > would allow users to manage on their website basic geographic information
> > integrated into a MySQL database; mapíng customers with routes, houses in
> > a real estate company, etc.
> >
> > similar apps are already there but none of them are open spurce projects
> >
> > Before we embark on this task; does anyone know of a similar app that is
> > open source and works as a cms like using OL/OSM/Google Maps?

Not (yet) related with OL but I'm writing a Joomla 1.5 component that uses
Google Maps (using OL instead of GM would not require great efforts).

With that component you will be able to add WKT features to every content item
(=article in Joomla slang).

Features will be added by direct drawing on the map or through GPX (or KML)
import.

You will be able to add complex fatures such as GEOMETRYCOLLECTION, organize
them in layers and serve the whole as MKL/KMZ or in the integrated GM viewer.

Final licence will be AGPL (Affero GPL) but I'm not sure it will be free (as
in beer) from the very beginning.

Regards.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
itOpen - "Open Solutions for the Net Age"