[OpenLayers-Users] Draw features one by one in IE?

realjax jax at schildmos.nl
Mon Jun 23 10:50:19 EDT 2008

Eric Lemoine-3 wrote:

> I don't get it because to me the rendering occurs as part of the
> addFeatures call. What am I missing?

I took the (per feature) rendering out of addfeatures :-)
Instead of adding the VML root in renderer/elements.js constructor to the
renderRoot, I created a fragment and add all vml nodes to this fragment,
this fragment is only added at the end of the addFeatures loop. Saves a
bunch of dom traversing.
But this does nothing for IE it seems.. it speeds up addfeatures allright,
but rendering is still as slow :-(

I have no complete idea yet what the implications are of this change though,
so wanted to do some further testing first.