[OpenLayers-Users] TextLayer with Framecloud popup

Andrew de klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:28:20 EDT 2008

Ok, please forgive my late night googling skills (tired eyes!), and thanks
for the prompt response. If i look at that link you have said:

"Generally, the answer is 'no, and why are you still using a Layer.Text?
Use a Layer.GML with a format: OpenLayers.Format.Text and a
selectFeature control instead.'

The reason why I am using Layer.text is because I specifically don't want my
end users to have to select a tool to click on a feature/marker. Layer.Text
incorporates this nicely, but of course with the old style popup. SO, as the
post says..the answer is no...but, I have applied the hack and it all works
well

Thanks Chris - that's the answer i was looking for!