[OpenLayers-Users] include quesry in data source in map file

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 10:24:53 EDT 2008

this is definitely the wrong list for this question, you should be
asking on mapserver-users or even the postgis list.

In any case, the correct way to specify a sub-select for postgis is:

DATA "the_geom from (select * from my_table WHERE name like 'abc') as
foo using unique gid using srid=-1"

Things to note:

your sub-select must return the_geom, gid and any other attributes
that you are using elsewhere (for labelitem, classitem, etc).

gid might be called something else, it just needs to be a unique value
such as the primary key of your table.

Cheers

Paul