[OpenLayers-Users] OL users which one is better: MapServer or GeoServer

Mike Quentel mquentel at rim.com
Mon Mar 3 19:15:05 EST 2008

The slide show is a good start--thank you!

>From my experience, MapServer and GeoServer have poor documentation.  I
do very much appreciate the OL samples included in GeoServer, and I'm
impressed with the fact that GeoServer is available as a WAR file that I
can rapidly deploy.

Of greater concern to me is reliability and performance.  If anyone has
notions of these, I'd be especially interested to know.

Many thanks.

Mike Quentel