[OpenLayers-Users] Reload Layer

Gérald Quintana gerald.quintana at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:21:07 EST 2008

Hello

20083/4, Tim Schaub <tschaub at openplans.org>:
>  Gérald Quintana wrote:
>  > Is there way to avoid image flickering when a layer is refreshing?
>
> Depends what type of layer you're talking about.  If you really mean
>  layers that use images, then this ticket addresses the issue:

I am using a tiled WMS layer. WMS images are served by GeoServer from
PostGIS database. When data changes in database, I would like to
refresh the map when data changes.

I am going to use an Ajax call to test whether data changed on server
and map need refreshing, and avoid flickering when data didn't change.

Cheers,
Géradl