[OpenLayers-Users] Layer rendering

Carlos Pinto cmspinto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 05:51:34 EST 2008

Hi all,

Maybe it is a problem with my install of OpenLayers, I have version 2.5

But this exemple don't show the Markers in my computer,
It shows the map but not the markers, shoud I download the version 2.6?
what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Carlos

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="../OpenLayer/theme/default/style.css"
type="text/css" />
        #map {
            width: 800px;
            height: 400px;
            border: 1px solid black;
        }
    <script src="../OpenLayer/lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var map, layer;

        function init(){
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', {maxResolution:'auto'});
            var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers WMS",
                "http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0", {layers: 'basic'} );
            map.addLayer(wms);
            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(0, 0), 0);

            // create 20 random features with a random type attribute. The
            // type attribute is a value between 0 and 2.
            var features = new Array(20);
            for (var i=0; i<20; i++) {
                features[i] = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(
                    new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(Math.random()*360-180,
Math.random()*180-90),
                    {type: parseInt(Math.random()*3)}
                );
            }

            // create a styleMap with a custom default symbolizer
            var styleMap = new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
                fillOpacity: 1,
                pointRadius: 10
            });

            // create a lookup table with different symbolizers for 0, 1 and
2
            var lookup = {
                0: {externalGraphic: "../OpenLayer/img/marker-blue.png"},
                1: {externalGraphic: "../OpenLayer/img/marker-green.png"},
                2: {externalGraphic: "../OpenLayer/img/marker-gold.png"}
            }

            // add rules from the above lookup table, with the keyes mapped
            // the "type" property of the features, for the "default" intent
            styleMap.addUniqueValueRules("default", "type", lookup);

            layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector('Points', {
                styleMap: styleMap
            });

            layer.addFeatures(features);
            map.addLayer(layer);