[OpenLayers-Users] Map wrapping?

Ken Stuart kps1 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 8 14:40:02 EST 2008

Hi - OpenLayers looks like a very nice mapping solution for us, if it
wraps maps, which seems uncertain. Does OpenLayers offer this
functionality when maps are panned or clicked-and-dragged?

The map on the OpenLayers home page - for example - does not fill in
when it is shifted to the right. That is, when it shifts, white space
appears on the left on the west when the map is shifted to the east.
The map container does not fill in with the part of the map that is
shifted out the other direction.

We need the map to stay in the same space, and wrap around to fill in
this white space as it gets moved. Can this be done? I've been looking
through examples and tutorials etc. but have not found any that show
this capability. Google maps behaves this way so I hope OpenLayers
does too.

The primary need for this is a map centered on the Pacific Ocean area;
all the example maps seem to use the default centered on Europe, thus
causing problems for map boundaries through the area of interest in
our situation.

-Ken