[OpenLayers-Users] Labels cut and repeated on tilling

Andrew de Klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:03:55 EDT 2008

Hi kusum

This is not really an openlayers issue. You are probably using mapserver to
generate a WMS. This is a known issue when creating tiles. Labels are
repeated for each tile in the case of polygons, and are sometimes cut
off/duplicated for lines. Unfortunately, there is no real workaround for
this yet. Some have mentioned to use tilecache between mapserver and
openlayers, but I have tried this, and had no joy. Using mapnik for your WMS
may solve the issue, but I have not tried this. The way I have solved this
is by creating two WMS layers: 1 tiled one for my data, and one untiled one
for my labels. Not ideal.but it works.

Good luck

Andrew