[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-T delete/update

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Mar 14 07:51:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:50:46AM +0100, Rinke Heida wrote:
> <head>
> </head>
> In order to get WFS Delete to work I changed OpenLayers/Format/WFS.js.<br>
> For some reasen in the remove section other properties are used as with
> Update and Insert:<br>
> feature.attribures.fid &lt;-&gt; feature.fid<br>
> this.featureNS &lt;-&gt; this.wfsns<br>
> I changed these things and after that a feature was really deleted from
> the database!<br>
> Probably the same result is achieved if you set these properties in
> your own script, but for me the test was whether it could work and than
> what would happen.<br>

Yeah, this is fixed in OpenLayers trunk. Simply an oversight in the code
until now. Thanks for the email though.

> Actually I was looking for a way to delete only the geometry or empty
> the geometry but can't get that to work yet, because in my situation
> other attributes than geometry have to be kept in the database.<br>

I have no idea how to do this: I think what you actually want to do is
an update, with a null geom: OpenLayers probably doesn't do that well,
but if you figure out a way to do it, and want the code in OL, please
let us know :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta