[OpenLayers-Users] Stop modifyFeature from re-shaping features?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Mar 16 10:04:54 EDT 2008

ChrisWebster wrote:
> I have a simple map with a simple polygon layer.  I want the user to be able
> to select, rotate and drag polygons in this layer, but I don't want the user
> to be able to add new polygons or re-shape existing ones.  I've put a
> modifyFeature control on the map, which allows me to mess about with the
> polygon features, but I can't find any way to disable the re-shape or draw
> modes successfully.  It seems you can switch off some modifyFeature modes,
> but not these.
>
> Any ideas how to get around this?
>
> Thanks.
> Chris
>
> PS:  Still trying to get Nabble to accept my message, so apologies if it
> ends up being duplicated!

Chris,

Here is an example that allows you to control what options are allowed
in ModifyFeature. It sounds like you might be using the 2.5 code base
and not the SVN. These modify control options are only in SVN.

http://imaptools.com/~woodbri/edit/index26.php?extent=-129,19+-60,60

-Steve Woodbridge
  http://imaptools.com/