[OpenLayers-Users] image overlays

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:07:22 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:57:57PM -0600, MilesTogoe wrote:
>
>> I didn't see an example of using image overlays, especially as part of a
>> layer - is there a function to do so ?
>>

> I don't know what you mean by "Image overlays"?

where an image covers only a small portion of the map ie. background map
is 500x500 but a detailed image is overlaid at 100,100 to 300,300.
Google maps does something like this with geoxml  but even better would
be a polygon overlay, with bounding pts.

>> I guess one way to do it is to
>> have the overlays as custom markers but ...
>>

> I guess Layer.Image doesn't work for you?

I thought Layer.Image covers the entire map ?  Also we need several
images at different locations and these should be all on one layer (ie
site detail layer).

Even better would be the ability to overlay a SVG drawing - I'll work on
this after I get the png overlay working.