[OpenLayers-Users] javascript debugging on IE

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Tue Mar 18 12:26:18 EDT 2008

This is somewhat off-topic..my apologies.
I am not very experienced with javascript, and I am wondering what
people use for debugging your OpenLayers pages on IE.
I recently developed a map on Firefox using Firebug.  Once I had it
working with no errors, I tried it on IE and the popups weren't working
right.
I finally got it working by morphing the popup example from OpenLayers
into my page- one line at a time- to determine where the error was.
The problem was caused by some javascript, not related to OpenLayers,
that worked fine in Firefox but not in IE, and did not come up as a bug
in Firebug.

Your suggestions to this newbie are most appreciated,
Tara