[OpenLayers-Users] right-click support ?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 19 07:12:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 08:59:45AM +0100, "R. Müller" wrote:
> i'm just wondering a bit that there is no support for mouse-right-click
> on map. you can do everything you want with the left button, but nothing
> with the right?! what about context-menus, etc.

I'm not sure I understand why you think you can't do anything with the
right click button. Can you explain hat you've tried that doesn't work?

> i know that there is very different behaviour with different browsers,
> (additionally you have to disable the default behaviour first) but i
> personally think it would be an important (almost basic) feature!

Well, since I believe it should work with some application code, I
suppose it depends what you're thinking is missing :)

> btw. are there any plans on supporting mobile browsers, like safari,
> webkit ... ?

Do you have a browser that doesn't work? You listed the same browser
twice, and that browser has worked reasonably well on devices I've tried
it on, though navigation on a device like that is something that an
application has to take into account specifically, since drag events
don't exist by default.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta