[OpenLayers-Users] WMS Layer not supporting SRS parameters

ITBeyond David at ITBEYOND.COM.AU
Sun Mar 30 22:40:49 EDT 2008

I have been trying various options on this for ages when I set isBaseLayer
true the projection is used in the WMS query (from the projection: option
and not the WMS params SRS), if I set isBaseLayer true the projection
function is ignored. The parameter SRS in the WMS params field never seems
to work.

When I capture the URL it always shows SRS=EPSG:4326 when isBaseLayer is
false.

I am using OL 2.5. The WMS layer is as below:
            var roadslayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("ExplorOz Road
Conditions",

"http://www.exploroz.com/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=e:\\inetpub\\vs153145\\iMapPlot\\map\\Roads\\National.map",
{'layers': 'R_Cond', 'format':'png', 'srs': 'epsg:4283'},
            {'opacity': 0.4, isBaseLayer: false, 'singleTile': true,
projection: 'epsg:4283'});
             Placemap.addLayer(roadslayer);

Is there a simple answer to this I have been looking at this for hours
trying to make it work.

Regards
David