[OpenLayers-Users] getdataextent, get extent WMS

springrider springrider at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:21:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am displaying map dealing with WMS layers based on CQL_FILTER. To get the
extent of the polygons effectively displayed in my map, i use a WFS request
which work nicely even if it is error-prone and implies to set up some proxy
configurations at server level which is not always easily doable.

By checking the Openlayers library, i saw that the getdataExtent was
existing for the markers, is it considered to be extended to other format
layer such as WMS? I think it would be quite useful to obtain automatically
the extent of a WMS in that way.

Thanks for all your great job

Sylvain