[OpenLayers-Users] OverviewMap ratios and Projection 900913

ITBeyond David at ITBEYOND.COM.AU
Mon Mar 31 20:30:39 EDT 2008

I have just downloaded th elatest trunk and have been working on projection
support. I have just converted my Layer.MapServer to support epsg:900913 and
am also using displayProjection to show standard lat lon in the
mousepointer. Since I have done this migration I can no longer get a usable
OverviewMap. The overview is always a very close up image of the main map
(ie: it appears to be working backwards - very close in detail in the
overview even though the base map is much larger).

I have changed the maxResolution and numZoomLevels in the map options all of
which does not seem to help.

When I used epsg:4326 for the mapserver layer (which is what I am trying to
Overview) it work perfectly however since conversion to sphericalMercator -
the Overview does not work.

It is reproducable in the latest spherical-mercator.html example by adding
the following:
    var overview = new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap({ layers: [wms.clone]
};);
    map.addControl(overview);
/* EDIT - this may not be the best example as I suspect you cannot Overview
a layer that is not a baseLayer hence this example may be floored however I
am trying to Overview a tiled Mapserver layer that is projected with 900913
*/
A similar error appears the Overview just does not work corectly.