[OpenLayers-Users] Google Maps 900913 and EPSG 3785

Jeff_Hobbs at sjwater.com Jeff_Hobbs at sjwater.com
Wed Nov 5 22:47:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm using Erdas' Image Web Server to create a WMS. I'm exposing the WMS as
EPSG 3785 which is the official EPSG code for the sphericalmercator
projection (as opposed to 900913). I can see 3785 in my get capabilities
request. My code is calling the WMS like this:

		       sclarcoImagery = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "2006
Imagery",

"http://devinside.sjwater.com/ecwp/ecw_wms.dll?",
					{layers:
"2006_SANTA_CLARA_COUNTY_AERIAL_PHOTO",
					 transparent: "false",
					 singleFile: "true",
					 srs: "EPSG:3785",
					 format: "image/jpeg"},
					 {isBaseLayer: true},
					 {tileSize: new
OpenLayers.Size(256,256), buffer: 1
					 }
				);

However when I call my OL app, I'm not seeing my WMS. When I changed my
options from 900913 to 3785 (see code below)

projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
                    displayProjection: new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),

I was able to see my WMS, however my other vector KML layers are not
appearing on top of it. So...even though I'm theoretically using the same
projection (900913 = 3785), is this causing a problem for Open Layers? If
so, are there plans for Open Layers to support 3785 as opposed to 900913?
It should be noted that I'm trying to provide two basemaps. One is Yahoo
and the other is my own WMS. To get my KML to overlie my Yahoo Map, I
needed to go with the 900913 projection and use sphericalmercator:true
when calling the KML layers.

Thanks,

Jeff