[OpenLayers-Users] different layers in single map file

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 7 16:15:33 EST 2008

I think what Christopher meant by "WMS allows you to specify a comma-seperated-list of layers" is this :

wms[5] = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled(
    "Customization","http://gis.rtbi-iitm.in/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/customisation/mapfile/customNR.map",{
        'layers':"NR_point,NR_polygon",  //<===
        'transparent':"true"
    },{
        'isBaseLayer':false
    }
);

S.Reena wrote:
> I have made layer like this :
>
>> wms[5] = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled(
>> "Customization","http://gis.rtbi-iitm.in/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/customisation/mapfile/customNR.map",{'layers':
>> "NR_point",'transparent':"true"},{'layers':
>> "NR_polygon",'transparent':"true"},{'isBaseLayer':false} );
>>
>> In the customNR.map I have made NR_point and NR_polygon layers .....the
>> thing is whichever I keep first in the above layer creation is only
>> displayed..like in the above case NR_point is displayed ....
>>

> Thanks,
> Reena.
>

> Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 03:49:23AM -0800, S.Reena wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible that if I check a layer in layerswicher , it can call a
>>> single mapfile having all 3 types (point, polygon and line layers)....I
>>> know
>>> how to include multiple layers of same type at time of layer creation but
>>> it
>>> doesn't work with different layer types ...
>>>
>> I don't understand wht you mean by "it doesn't work with different layer
>> types." WMS allows you to specify a comma-seperated-list of layers, and
>> it will put those layers into the resulting imagae. Is that not working
>> for you?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Christopher Schmidt