[OpenLayers-Users] Mousewheel Zooms by 2 level

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 11 07:15:32 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 05:13:58PM +0530, Bijoy K. Anupam wrote:
> Thanks Christopher for the reply.
>
> I have defined a property to enable/disable the mousescroll similar to
> Navigation.js. Reason for this is that when the map is in print mode in a
> popup, I want the mouse scroll to be disabled, and other wise it should be
> enabled.
>
> All I meant was that mousewheel scroll zooms twice only after you add the
> NavToolBar [ZoomBox]. So, In order to make OL more consistent, I thought we
> should have given the user same kind of properties for NavToolBar as given
> for Navigation control.

The NavToolbar *uses* the Navigation control -- if you don't like the
way it's used, it's easy enough to change. So there's no reason to give
the NavToolbar more options -- it's designed to be easy to configure by
subclassing.

> Also, the OL docs don't say that when you add NavToolBar control, you don't
> have to add Navigation control. It was only after I explored, I found that
> Navigation control is been included twice.

The MouseDefaults/MouseToolbar, Navigation/NavToolbar pairs have always
been mutually exclusive.
http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Control/NavToolbar-js.html
now documents this.

Christopher Schmidt