[OpenLayers-Users] Text layer and pop ups

Abhi abhirama.bhat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 03:28:31 EST 2008

Thanks for that Christopher. I am using GML layer now and I have a cool pop
up :). Now I have a problem which was not present when using a text layer.

What I want to achieve is, I have a map in which I am showing some icons
(using GML layer). If the user clicks on these icons a pop up opens in which
an image is shown. But if the user click on some other place in the map a
marker needs to be placed there (But the marker should not be placed if the
user clicks on the icons). So I am using a marker layer as well in my map.
Now the trouble is once the user clicks on my icons the pop up opens but a
marker is placed as well. I want to stop the event once the user clicks on
the icons so that the markers are not created. This scenario was not present
when I was using the text layer.

How do I prevent the markers from getting placed when the user clicks on the
icons?

--
Cheers,
Abhi