[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature in Mutiple Layers

ashlin openlayers at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Nov 17 00:14:02 EST 2008

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to implement select feature in
multiple layers. Is there any way to achieve that?

Currently, I have about 5 layers of different types of objects. I would like
all objects in these 5 layers to be selectable. I noticed that
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature only allow the control to be associated
with a specific layer. If i wanted all objects to be selected in the 5
layers, i would need 5 select controls.

However, I realised that only 1 control can be activated at a time. Is it
true? I could not get all my 5 select controls to be activated and working
at 1 time. Only my top most layer vector objects get selected. The objects
in other layers are not selectable. If i toggle off my top most layer in the
layer switcher, the select control of my 2nd top most layer will then be
activated and allow objects to be selected.

Is this how the select feature works? Really needed something that can allow
selection in different layers. Hope someone can help on this. Thanks.

Regards,
Ashlin