[OpenLayers-Users] How to extend permalink and argparser to support additional parameters

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Nov 18 00:14:33 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a good example of extending permalink and
argparser to support additional parameters. What is the best practice
for doing this? I can rewrite these for what I need to do, but I thought
there might be a more subtle way to do this that I'm not seeing.

For example, I have a page the integrates with pgRouting and I would
like to also save the start point, end point, method. Then when the url
is called, check if these are set and make an ajax call to get the route.

Thanks for any ideas or examples you might be able to offer.

Best regards,
   -Steve