[OpenLayers-Users] Question on changing Popups on Textlayer

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Nov 18 15:27:34 EST 2008

Le lundi 17 novembre 2008 à 14:23 -0500, Yves Moisan a écrit :

> > > The only thing I can think of is that my textfile is not read the same
> > > way by both forms.  The beginning of it is :
> > >
> > > lat lon title   description icon    iconSize    iconOffset
> > > 48.9    9.6075669   Bleu 24x24	Description one<br>Second line.<br>(click
> > > again to close)	images/Ol_icon_blue_example.png	24,24	0,-24
> > > 48.9899851	9.5382032	Rouge 8x8	Description two.
> > > images/Ol_icon_red_example.png	8,8	-8,-8

OK.  I went too quick on one point.  I had cut and paste some code that
was looking for feature.name.  Switching that to feature.title got rid
of the "undefined" I had.  I hadn't payed attention because according to
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Text-js.html :
"The possible columns are: ... title ..."

So I understand that the title column can be named something else like
name ?  Could "lat" be renamed "latitude" then ?  Point is : that is a
departure from layer.text, albeit a minor one I admit.  More important a
departure IMO is that now one has to have values for iconSize and
iconOffset.  With a layer.text, those were optional.

Cheers,

Yves