[OpenLayers-Users] Layer Query with Mapserver: How to do?

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:38:54 EST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to use Mapserver/OpenLayers to pan and zoom a map, and also to do
the analog of a getfeatureinfo query in wms, but for mapservers (translate
the http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo.html example to using
just mapserver, not wms).  Are there any examples out there for this?  I
think I could hand roll it, but I am getting tripped up in figuring out how
to get the map click pixel coordinates translated into map coordinates for
epsg:26915 and using that coordinate to query mapserver.

Again, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt