[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom to Filter Extent

Brad Spencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Mon Nov 24 15:58:33 EST 2008

Hi,

If you get an answer to this I would like to know about it as well.

Currently, I do a filtered WFS request then I scan the geometry of all the
polygons returned to the application and calculate a BBox for each; then I
add to bounds and I end up with a BBox that includes my whole collection of
filtered polygons. This process can be slow given the number of polygons and
their size. To mitigate this I have preprocessed the polygons and added a
BBox attribute on each polygon record inside the DB which means I can avoid
the geometry parsing but I do not think I can avoid the WFS download which
is now my bottleneck.

Anyway, not sure if this helps you?

Brad..