[OpenLayers-Users] Trap double click event for WMS layer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 2 08:30:34 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 05:40:31PM +0530, Subha Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using openlayers with google physical as the base map.
> And i overlay a WMS polygon layer on top of it using mapserver. And on
> single click of the polygon, i highlight the polygon and display the
> pop-up.
> This happens when i double click on the polygon also.I don't want the
> polygon to be selected on double click and i want it to only zoom in.
>
> How do i do this??

It sounds like you're not uing a Click Handler.
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/click-handler.html has exampels of
using a click handler (rather than the browser click event) to solve
this problem.

> Expecting reply from someone.

I assume this is just a language issue, but just so you know, "Expecting
reply" is a bit harsh in English; something like "Look forard to any
replies" would come across slightly better.

> Regards,
> Subha

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta