[OpenLayers-Users] Loading in custom Google tiles not working...

Maps-R-us mlaudon at laudontech.com
Thu Oct 2 14:10:53 EDT 2008

I have some custom Google Maps tiles I created for a city in the Dominican
Republic.  I would like to load these into OpenLayers.  I have a custom
get_url function to map to my Google Maps tile names.  It appears the
function is looking for tiles named differently than the ones I have
created.  Has anyone tried this before and had similar results?

Thanks in advance,

Mapper.

The tiles are located here:

http://www.laudontech.com/Dominican/Z

For zoom 10, here are the Google tile names:

457_312.png
457_313.png
457_314.png
458_312.png
458_313.png
458_314.png

Here are the ones OpenLayers expects:

312_203.png
313_203.png
312_204.png

<script type="text/javascript">

var map;

function get_my_url (bounds) {

var res = this.map.getResolution();
		//alert (res);
var x = Math.round ((bounds.left - this.maxExtent.left) / (res *
this.tileSize.w));
var y = Math.round ((this.maxExtent.top - bounds.top) / (res *
this.tileSize.h));
var z = this.map.getZoom();

var path = z + "/" + x + "_" + y + "." + this.type;
var url = this.url;
if (url instanceof Array) {
        url = this.selectUrl(path, url);
        }
  return url + path;
}

		function init() {
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
            var mylayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS("Mark Layer",
"http://www.laudontech.com/Dominican/Z", { 'type':'png', 'getURL':get_my_url
});

			var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
                "Google Streets" // the default
            );
            var gphy = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
                "Google Physical",
                {type: G_SATELLITE_MAP}
            );
            map.addLayers([gmap,gphy,mylayer]);

            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(-69.901,18.472 ), 10);
        }
    </script>