[OpenLayers-Users] Whither extLayerSwitcher?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 04:51:50 EDT 2008

Hi,
the layerswitcher had been completely rewritten, the demo can be seen
at http://www.bnhelp.cz/projects/hslayers/?lang=eng or
http://www.bnhelp.cz/projects/metaportal?lang=eng, it looks imho
better and the code is more compact. It also supports several layer
features, which are hidden under right mouse click (slider for opacity
setting for example). It also supports proprieratry MapServer layer ->
HSMapServer.js, but there is a child class for it, so the
layerswitcher itself was not "contaminated" with this code.

Everything is accesable in uncompressed form:
http://www.bnhelp.cz/wwwlibs/hslayers/hsAddons/Control/HSLayerSwitcher.js
http://www.bnhelp.cz/wwwlibs/hslayers/hsAddons/Layer/HSMapServer.js

There is also on-the-fly generated documentation available:
http://www.bnhelp.cz/wwwlibs/hslayers/doc/files/hsAddons/Control/HSLayerSwitcher-js.html

Now the bad news: it was not opensourced (yet).

There are several other feaures, which could be also interesting for
other people (WMS/WFS Clients for example), are almost done as well,
but, closed-source too.

I try to persuit my boss, that we opensource this features, but it
takes time. To say the truth, he is not affraid of the global marked,
but of local providers - czech republic is small pont.

But things are moving.

Anyway, I can not forbid you to use the code, but, if you would like
to do it in cleaner way, try to write an e-mail to the head of the
company, I'm working for now: Stanislav Holy standa at bnhelp.cz Maybe
small patch would help persuade him as well ;-)

Well - not so good news, I thing

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky