[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers :Problems trying opening image files with IE

géopolo paul.wertz at carrieresfeidt.lu
Fri Oct 3 06:52:49 EDT 2008

Hello !

I'm new with OpenLayers - I try to develop an application for internal use,
with map files stored on the hard disk. The code works well with Firefox,
but IE (6 and 7) seems to be unable to find the gif file. Here is the code :

var brmap=new OpenLayers.Layer.Image(
    'BrouchMap','file:///D:/Mes
Documents/API_Maps/OpenLayers/CodesTest/Brouch_Cada2005_Base.gif',
    new OpenLayers.Bounds(70000,88000,73000,91000),
    new OpenLayers.Size(8859,8858),options);

The html file with the code  is stored in the same directory than the gif :
/CodesTest/

I read a lot of post but still didn't find anything about this problem

Thank for any suggestion