[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Layer.Text and "closeBox"

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Sun Oct 5 14:42:58 EDT 2008

Hi
I have a problem with setting up a layer from a textfile with popups
with a closebox. Since OpenLayers.Layer.Text class inherits from the
Marker-class I took a look at the popupMatrix example. So I just
inserted the following lines in the Textlayer class:

markerFeature.popupClass = OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud;
markerFeature.closeBox = true;

I get the framed clouds but no closebox. In the createPopup method of
the Feature class I set closeBox = true. Now I have a closebox in the
popup but when closing the popup by clicking on the closebox I'm not
able to open the popup again. So why it's not possible to add closebox
by adding the lines above? And why is the popup not opening again after
closing it?
Thanks for any help?

regards Stefan

Mit freundlichem Gruss