[OpenLayers-Users] Print / Saving Image

youknowho iansgis at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 6 15:48:42 EDT 2008

I went through the 2.7 Release Notes on the new OpenLayers.Request methods
(http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Request) but have yet to fix this. From the
documentation it sounds like this should work:

var tiles_json = JSON.stringify(tiles);
var printParams = '&width=' + size.w + '&height=' + size.h + '&tiles=' +
escape(tiles_json);
new OpenLayers.Request.POST({url:printURL, data:printParams,
callback:printDone });

and the data IS being posted now:

&width=500&height=500&tiles=%5B%7B%22url%22%3A%22http%3A//www.host.com/tilecache/tilecache.py%3FLAYERS....

but the same 404 error is given. I've also tried escaping the width, height,
etc but the request is still empty as far as PHP is concerned. The $_SERVER
variables are empty as well... I'm starting to suspect my PHP CGI
installation.