[OpenLayers-Users] Problems viewing OpenLayers projects in Firefox

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 21 13:51:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:18:49AM -0700, Roosh wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am having trouble viewing most of the OpenLayers demos in the latest
> version of Firefox (3.0.3). I specifically get this error:
>
> OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults is not a constructor
>
> This happens every time this line of code in the script is encountered:
>
> map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults());
>
> This has been very frustrating because my coworker is not having any
> problems with the same version of Firefox. I was wanting to know if anyone
> else has encountered this issue, and if so, how they resolved it.

Are you guys looking at the same page? This might indicate a different
version of OpenLayers.js being included in your page -- one without
MouseDefaults.

Also, you should really be using Control.Navigation, not
Control.MouseDefaults. But that doens't explain your problem :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta