[OpenLayers-Users] Flick effect in layers refresh

Ernesto Mislej emislej at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:14:30 EDT 2008

Hi all!
In my project I have to refresh a mapserver layer every 20/40 seconds.

I do this with:

refreshinterval = window.setInterval("refreshmap()", 20000);

function refreshmap(){
mslayer.redraw(true);

That is OK. But every refresh action, there is a flick effect.

When the refresh event is fired, OL turn off the old-layer and wait to
the images for new one. And the server calculation for the maplayer is
0.2 sec.

Any idea?
I do not know how to detect when the browser finished to render the
new images. (may be the download finished time is also useful).

Greets,
Ernesto

--
http://emislej.googlepages.com